DELIVERY EXCEPTION!

As an aside, think for a moment about the complexity of picking up packages from millions of locations all over the world, and getting them to millions of destinations.

My brain is overtaxed just thinking about the logistics involved.

Fun fact: UPS gets an average of 20-25 years of use out of its vehicles. That’s pretty efficient.

Behavioral modification thru negative reinforcement. Now every time you get a little juiced up and go guitar surfing you'll have that nightmare replaying in your head.

You may have done it to yourself the next morning when you uttered the words "God help me!" upon remembering the previous night's events :)

I think it’s regional. At least UPS makes it to my office while we’re open. FedEx does sometimes, but if they don’t on Friday, I won’t see them until Tuesday since they don’t deliver to my town on Mondays. I think a lot has to do with their routes.

But, they both have their share of suckiness.

Oh, I'm sure there's some regionality to it. In Connecticut, FedEx is hands down the worst. I bought some artwork that came in about 6 packages, signature required. I would get a text message when the packages were delivered with what I assume was the drivers name in the signature spot. Came home to a 5' x 5' box leaning against my front steps. One of the packages was the wrong piece, and the gallery arranged for FedEx to pick it up from the house. Twice. On the third try my wife had to flag down the truck. In a completely different route, got back to the office from lunch and had a FedEx sticker on the door. Note said it would be available after 5pm at the Walgreens. Went to Walgreens after 5, no package and they can't find it in their system. YMMV:confused: Thanks for letting me rant.

I'm taking exception that UPS won't allow me to select the Buffalo Distribution Center as a pickup point. I would have taken possession today, but I guess that is not an option. Hopefully they will move it down to Allegany tonight, and put it on the delivery truck in the morning.

It seems every delivery option has issues now and then. Midnight last night......"Exception/hold in customs in London". Twenty minutes later, apparently, cleared and shipped. Twelve hours later, seemingly being double checked at customs in Los Angeles. Best to (try to) take a deep breath and hope it all sorts out. Nothing I can do to make it happen faster.

And I can tell a story on UPS, FedEx and USPS. Fortunately none of them disastrous, but highly annoying when GAS is raging.....

Hope it all falls into place quickly!

I sold an amp to a guy, packaged it carefully in its original shipping box with the original padding, and it arrived in pieces. Fortunately, I’d taken pics of the packed box, and got the problem solved for the buyer very quickly.

UPS paid enough that the guy was able to buy new amp, and they let him keep the damaged one for parts. Turned out pretty well for him,

Back