DELIVERY EXCEPTION!

danktat

Award winning tattoo artist ... Amateur guitarist
Woke up this morning to a delivery exception on the FedEx web site for the bass I drunk ordered last week and have been tracking. WTH FedEX?!?! So I called and it may have never been put on the truck to go out for delivery. I am awaiting a call to see if I can go pick it up at the sorting hub. This is not the first time something like this has happened with FedEx (or UPS for that matter) :(

I have been back and forth all morning, and they can't seem to find my package. They know it's somewhere at the Sorting hub, and I'm waiting for them to get back to me as soon as they locate the package so I can go pick it up. Idiots!

Highest stress pickup in quite a while.

AFTER them losing my package, I finally got a call from them saying they found it. I asked for an address to put in my GPS to come and get it. I mentioned to them UP FRONT that the last time I went there my GPS was unable to locate their address. And that I needed them to be sure to give me one that a GPS would recognize. Well, of course they say it happens all the time and give me the "locatable" GPS address. I make the trip, and just as suspected, the building is nowhere to be found. They even gave me a secondary address that was supposed to be across the street that some people use to get them there. NO DICE.

So I am in the parking lot of some contracting service with backhoes and front end loaders in the lot attempting to call this damned place to let them know they gave me an invalid address anyway. Well, the chick on the phone was acting like she had no idea what I was talking about. Fortunately, someone came out of the office and looked up the route on his phone...said that it happens to them at least a dozen times a week to them so they know what to look up to give people who are lost.

I finally find this place....there is NO ONE at the window where customers are supposed to pick up packages. There is a phone on the counter with a sign saying that if no one was there to call the number and they well be right out. I call the number, and it won't go through. Starts asking me for some kind of pin number or something. WTF?!?!? So I call back on my cell, only for them to tell me that they need the tracking number, which is on my phone's internet connection, which I can't view while on the phone with them. Their remedy? To call them back, on the phone that did not work when I tried it just three minutes earlier, so that I could retrieve the number for them to look up my package. At this point I just about lost my sh*t! She eventually called the phone back that was in the lobby herself, got the tracking number and brought out the package about ten minutes later.

So, it is in the car, but by now it is 4:45 and I got dumped on the PA turnpike in the middle of rush hour traffic and was basically stuck sitting still trying to drive home.

BUT....at least it is here now. Now I need a nap.....and a couple of shots.....lol

FedEx = the worst.

Not in my neighborhood. Much prefer Fed Ex. Although, it has as much to do with the drivers on my route. Actually, the UPS guy that has been on this route since the holidays is pretty solid. Still, Fed Ex is always here by noon. UPS is between 5 and 6.

Both FedEx and UPS show up at my house after 5 pm which is good for me if I have to sign for something. But sometimes those sneaky ninjas make it up my drive without the alarm dog going off, leaving the package right where I'll trip over it on the way out the door.

FedEx = the worst.

For me it’s UPS.

I think it’s regional. At least UPS makes it to my office while we’re open. FedEx does sometimes, but if they don’t on Friday, I won’t see them until Tuesday since they don’t deliver to my town on Mondays. I think a lot has to do with their routes.

But, they both have their share of suckiness.

Past sky high shipping costs to Hawaii, it's another reason I would never order an instrument of any kind or mark or value from the net. The risks are too great for the long distance traveled. They can barely get my ladies garden figures and simple stuff to us, much less a PRS....

Back