Dang Velas...

FF5768-BE-E084-4-A7-A-A893-AB19-CF5-F2-A17.jpg
Saw this on the FB group. Similar deviations to the PS I posted above but damn…

Damn if that had the proper Vela bridge on it I would seriously be drooling over it, but the trem just kills it for me. Beautiful guitar though.

That's good to hear, I had been wondering about the NF53.
I bought a NF53, and there's lots of things I really, really like about it, wonderful guitar....but it's just too bright for me and I keep picking up my Vela instead. I think the NF53 is going to move on and I'll be buying another Vela that I'll swap pickups on while I keep my original one stock.

I bought a NF53, and there's lots of things I really, really like about it, wonderful guitar....but it's just too bright for me and I keep picking up my Vela instead. I think the NF53 is going to move on and I'll be buying another Vela that I'll swap pickups on while I keep my original one stock.
Interesting, what amp(s) were you using?

Interesting, what amp(s) were you using?
Bunch of different stuff... A Fender Landau, a One Control BJF-S66 into a 1x12 closed back with a Vintage 30, and an HX Stomp and some pedals into a Fender FRFR powered cab. I really want to like the NF53, but between the bridge (which I love on the Vela), the swamp ash body, the maple fretboard, and the vintage gloss finish on the neck - it's just too bright for me.

Back