Curious : What pickups are in your Singlecut ?

IMG_0374_zps79bb449c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

SCT 2003 - zebra #6's.

59/09s in my sc245 Ted
53/10 neck - Tremonti bridge in my PS SC245 Trem

57/08 in the bridge, 53/10 in the neck. (but i would swap out the 53/10 for a 57/08 if anyobdy's interested. hint hint)

In my Brazilian Singlecut, I have the stock #7s. They sound pretty good to me.

In my IRW Singlecut Trem, let's just say that I wasn't a huge fan of the #6s. I replaced that bridge pickup with an EVH Wolfgang. That guitar RIPS now.

The 53/10s sound great in an SC58, Stripped 58, or SC245 (I say this from experience). Plenty of power to rip it up.

Too bad they're no longer available! So 57/08s for me at this point.

..Im surprised there are not many prs " M " metal pickup demos on youtube..or many reviews..?

57/08s in my Strippers. I do have a virgin set of 53/10s that I've been looking to pop into something though, just been too lazy/busy/forgetful to do it. Maybe one of the Strippers, maybe my HBII though... not sure. 57/08s in the Stripper are stunningly good. My Goldtop especially is super ballsy but more "high definition" than a G*bson nearalike.

As noted in my thread, I just put a WCR Godwood in my SC245. What an awesome choice, especially with my EP Boost engaged. Excellent dynamics; awesome note bloom. And it plays very well with the 245 neck pup, which makes for tasty rhythm crunch in the middle position and even some excellent lead sounds, especially when boosted with my Bad Monkey. Sometimes what you think it perfect can be made even better.

As noted in my thread, I just put a WCR Godwood in my SC245. What an awesome choice, especially with my EP Boost engaged. Excellent dynamics; awesome note bloom. And it plays very well with the 245 neck pup, which makes for tasty rhythm crunch in the middle position and even some excellent lead sounds, especially when boosted with my Bad Monkey. Sometimes what you think it perfect can be made even better.

It's hard to find a good monkey these days.

I'm jumping back into the PRS Singlecut 'thing' with a 01' Singlecut that will have the stock 7's in them. My 01 PRS Artist Quilt - back in the day - had the 7's and I dug them. How do I like the 7's nowadays? Ask me after next Tuesday. ;)

A pair of 57/08's.

I have nothing to compare them against other than various LP's I own(ed) and all I can report is that my SC245 is the best sounding SC guitar I've ever played. Perfect for vintage/classic rock, maybe not powerful enough for high gain/metal if that's your bag.

On my old 2007, 20th Anniversary Singlecut, they were #7 set. The #7 set has strong lows and powerful bridge pup, but has too Much mids and too much Santana-like in the neck pup. And that why I let her go after several months of living together.

My old 20th Singlecut that I mentioned is exactly the same guitar Mr. Puttikorn is playing in the video. Hear it for yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
after-market pickups from another company with 3 letters :wink:

As this is a company forum I'm not sure if it is tolerated to name other companies, but as much as I love PRS guitars I prefer pickups from another company.

I had 57/08's in my stripper and the sounded good. I just picked up a wood library SC245 from Brian's and it has 59/09's and I love it!

Well, it's a singlecut, so...

Bare Knuckle Mule in the neck and a Suhr Doug Aldrich in the bridge.

The Mule is an Alnico IV PAF-alike. Sounds beautiful with just a touch of overdrive and a good tube amp. Love it. I originally had a Mule in the bridge but I wanted more balls from my bridge pup (Similarly I have an SSL-5 in the bridge of my Strat to go with the more vintage sounding SSL-1's in neck and middle) so after a bit of thunking I got hold of the Suhr. The Suhr is an Alnico V with a DC resistance of around 17.5KΩ. Hot sounding pup that cuts right through and yet compliments the vintage sounding Mule very well. Outstanding cleans on that pup!

8954981608_cdc3ef8d6d_h.jpg

Ive got a few singlecuts:

1999 Singlecut prototype with Brazilian neck & Fralin pickups (private stock)
2000 singlecut with 57/08 pickups nstalled
2001 Singlecut with #7 pickups
2001 Brazilian neck Singlecut with #7 pickups
2001 Tremonti with Tremonti pickups
2003 Tremonti Tribal with Tremonti pickups
2003 Singlecut Trem with # 6 pickups

Back