Curious : What pickups are in your Singlecut ?

53/10's in mine (PS). Sounds so good it's unfair to all the other guitars out there.

Currently, I have the 245 in the neck. The bridge 245 isn't very PAFish. I tried a Burstbucker 2, which was an improvement, but still not enough. I ordered a boo-teek PAF clone, but in the meantime I slapped a Zhangbucker Pagey 2 in there. I wouldn't mind having a Throbak SLE-101+ MXV (which I have in my R9...best PAF I've tried) but I dont feel like spending that much.

53/10's..nice ..are they seem powerful enough to push that lumber ?
Well I should have added that mine's a semi-hollow (one f-hole), and they fill that sound cavity with fat, chimey, PAF-ish goodness!

AaeCee..ok makes sense!..I almost tried everything under the sun..each time I feel im choking the guitar to its full potential..

Currently, I have the 245 in the neck. The bridge 245 isn't very PAFish. I tried a Burstbucker 2, which was an improvement, but still not enough. I ordered a boo-teek PAF clone, but in the meantime I slapped a Zhangbucker Pagey 2 in there. I wouldn't mind having a Throbak SLE-101+ MXV (which I have in my R9...best PAF I've tried) but I dont feel like spending that much.

Dude..you sound just like me ! lol..been trying everything !

Last edited:
My 25th Anniv. SC250 has PRS 7's. Beautiful sounding guitar. Very popular pup that seemed to fade away but always was popular. It is still available by Private Stock. Though not a SC, my ME with 53-10s; I could easily see them in a SC and be quite the pleasure.

Back