CU24 '2016 w 85/15 buzz when touching pickup coils

pmdez

EDIT: I've made a mistake in topic, I meant pickup poles

Hi!

I have a problem with my '2016 CU24 with 85/15's. When I'm touching the poles on the neck pickup I can hear some loud buzz/hum. It happens only when neck pickup is engaged, it does not happen on bridge pickup. I've checked with multimeter and it looks like the poles (both magnets and screws) are not connected to the ground (they're on bridge pickup though). Is it normal?

I have to say that I was messing with electronics lately (swapping pickups etc.), so it's either my fault or I haven't noticed it earlier. After not being able to wire it correctly I went with my guitar to a tech and asked to rewire whole electronics. He did it, but when I made a complaint about this buzz/hum issue I've been told that some manufacturers do not ground the poles intentionally to achieve "better" sound and he is refusing to take any action.

Thank you in advance for help.

Last edited:
EDIT: I've made a mistake in topic, I meant pickup poles

Hi!

I have a problem with my '2016 CU24 with 85/15's. When I'm touching the poles on the neck pickup I can hear some loud buzz/hum. It happens only when neck pickup is engaged, it does not happen on bridge pickup. I've checked with multimeter and it looks like the poles (both magnets and screws) are not connected to the ground (they're on bridge pickup though). Is it normal?

I have to say that I was messing with electronics lately (swapping pickups etc.), so it's either my fault or I haven't noticed it earlier. After not being able to wire it correctly I went with my guitar to a tech and asked to rewire whole electronics. He did it, but when I made a complaint about this buzz/hum issue I've been told that some manufacturers do not ground the poles intentionally to achieve "better" sound and he is refusing to take any action.

Thank you in advance for help.

I've had in two different instances a CE24 with the 85/15 pickups and I currently own a CU24-08. I've had not noticed any humming with none of those guitars or anything resembling what you described. The only hum I get from my CU24-08 is the cycle hum when single coil mode.

Back