CR's PRS Brazzy vs Indian Rosewood

crgtr

Zombie Eight - DFZ
Ok, so I did another "Quickie" demo of the NOS ME1 & a Wood Library Limited. Indian rosewood on the Wood Library & Brazilian rosewood on the Modern Eagle. There are a lot of differences between the two so its really not a fair comparison. Stoptail vs trem, Single cut vs Double Cut, Obeche vs Mahogany etc...
But they are both awesome Paul Reed Smith guitars & it was fun doing the demo!
No Cleans on this one!
photobucket-5673-1353684324441.jpg
IMG_4449-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My eye's like the SC - killer TOP, but I think my ears like the Double cut over all.

That said the SC - when split- had a lot of going for it... I was surprised about how good the split coil tone was! :D

Nice playing Chris - thanks for the demo! :)

So, does conventional wisdom state that IRW and BRW are tonally VERY close and that the real difference is in aesthetics? Like the difference you would get from blank to blank of the same wood variety?

I hear the BRW as having a slightly scooped tone. The IRW was more even to my ears. They both feel great, but not very different than my all HOG Hamer that I stripped the paint off. Naked necks just feel awesome!!

I hear the BRW as having a slightly scooped tone. The IRW was more even to my ears. They both feel great, but not very different than my all HOG Hamer that I stripped the paint off. Naked necks just feel awesome!!

Do you think it is worthy to pay the extra thousands for a MEI. I own a modern eagle two and I am very happy with it!

Back