CR "Laying Down a Lead" PRS EXP 2012, Gettin' my Funk Out

crgtr

Zombie Eight - DFZ
Just got some footage from DrDre. Thanks again bro.
experience-prs-guitars-factory-6932-2012-09-15.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Killed it Chris! That was more of an amp demo, or a performance than a recording workshop. Just reaffirms my experience that when you have great players, recording is rather easy!

Killed it Chris! That was more of an amp demo, or a performance than a recording workshop. Just reaffirms my experience that when you have great players, recording is rather easy!

Thanks Sergio. He did go into great depth on the recording process, but I couldn't fit all of that into 15 minutes. It was really a lot of fun to do. If they do it again next year I suggest you all sign up!

Chris, that was really fun and you played great!

It's interesting that the ability of the amp to get great recorded tones at very low volumes was demonstrated, because that's exactly what I've been finding on my own projects with the HXDA. I can literally record at volumes I could talk over in normal conversation. Crazy!

Doug and Paul are geniuses. Guitaristic Einsteins who can bend space and curve time! And other time-space continuum sic-fi talk and stuff. ;)

Great fun to watch Chris. I really like the tone of your wah... it sounds very natural when you turn it on and off, and really complements the basic tone well, not too vastly different. Hopefully that makes sense. Of course most interesting was your great playing! thansk for posting!

Great fun to watch Chris. I really like the tone of your wah... it sounds very natural when you turn it on and off, and really complements the basic tone well, not too vastly different. Hopefully that makes sense. Of course most interesting was your great playing! thansk for posting!

I took me 4 wahs to get to that one. It's a Dunlop CAE Wah. It's the closest to my old Hendrix wah but it doesn't kill the tone when bypassed.

Nice! I was sitting there for that clinic. I really loved your playing and the sound of the guitar/amp and was wondering if the vid would be posted somewhere. Not expecting that from the clinic.

As you started playing the area got full of people.

Sorry if I missed it, but what amp did you use? 2 channel H?
Nice work Chris, and nice meeting you!

cool. Nice playing. Thanks for sharing. Sorry I missed the live event. We tried, but made mistake on time.... I could the hear the joe satch thing happening for sure. The exp 2012 was a blast.

"must have been the pickups" that's funny!

-Steve

Back