Covered humbuckers or uncovered?

I am a guy who usually has lots of opinions and preferences.

But on the subject of pickup covers, I seem to have no preference whatsoever. I can’t explain this at all. But there it is, the unvarnished truth.

I’ve also learned that I don’t care about tuning machine buttons or matching switch tips.

But if you want to put strap locks on one of my guitars I will fight you to the death, which, given my age and health situation, would probably mean my death, not the other guy’s. :oops:

I generally prefer covers because they look more "finished" to me. The gap around open coils bugs me. I dig the squabbins, though, especially on trem guitars where they sit nice and low in the rings.

I don't have a tonal preference. I usually base it completely on aesthetics as to whether a guitar gets covered pickups or not.

Anymore I prefer covered pickups. I am not a fan of the squabbins...nor zebras. Shoot, thinking about it, I don't care for uncovered humbuckers at all!

I have all...slight tonal differences...I actually love zebras, in the right guitar!!! Sometimes, they just FIT a certain finish. Not many, but there are a couple finished that I really like with them.

I can tell they’re good because the drummer has lots of drums.

He's no Terry Bozzio...

af727cd5f3a4e17849bbb5cbe4a1e372.jpg

Back