Confessions of An Ampaholic

jxfJZKt.jpg

i agree, that’s a smooth stack of amps, and the dg looks like the dashboard of my father’s old cord.

Not that it’s any of my business, but I thought the DG sounded better with its matching cab than with other cabs, since they’re voiced for each other.

Also, it’s cute that they match.

Not that it’s any of my business, but I thought the DG sounded better with its matching cab than with other cabs, since they’re voiced for each other.

I could see that, fortunately I’ve not experienced the sound of the two together in person, so my main desire is the cuteness of them matching.

I guess sound is important to some, but “Cute” trumps all.

Those sure are some cool looking old jukeboxes ya got there!

My wife is my critic. Clothing, for example, can sometimes be ”too matchy-matchy”, or “that doesn’t go,” or “it’s cute.” But she hardly takes notice of my gear.

For a long time I kept my PRS amp heads on a piece of furniture in my studio, a la Tim Pierce, and ran long cables to the miked-up cabinets in the back of the room, or even my storage room, to make recording easier from the workstation; this enabled me to adjust the amps just by reaching over, but be far enough from the speakers to not have the sound in the headphones be drowned out by the roar from the guitar cabs.

But it got to be kind of a PITA, and the cable ramps I got to prevent tripping over the cables on the floor looked pretty bad, so I finally put the heads on top of the cabs like most people do, and just walk over to adjust the amps.

One day my wife came downstairs to tell me something, looked at the amps, and said, “I had no idea that stuff matched.” “Too matchy-matchy,” I asked? “No, it looks cute,” she said.

I kinda got a chuckle over that. :)

Sometimes people need a little push, I’m no exception.

Yeah, I get it, but I was just yankin’ your chain for no good reason.

The DG works fine with lots of different cabs.

“I’m calling BS, Les. You think the DG works best with the DG cab.”

“I would work best if I got asked to score a James Bond movie, but that’s not happening, either. It was an academic discussion.”

Last edited:
Yeah, I get it, but I was just yankin’ your chain for no good reason.

The DG works fine with lots of different cabs.

“I’m calling BS, Les. You think the DG works best with the DG cab.”

“I would work best if I got asked to score a James Bond movie, but that’s not happening, either. It was an academic discussion.”

We'll have our agent speak with your agent. o_O

Back