Confessions of An Ampaholic

Those MM amps are kinda funny, there’s a studio I used to work at that had one of those heads, all solid state preamp with tubes on the output, clean as all get out, and loud AF. Nile Rodgers used to use those live too.

Last gig I saw him play, he was using a pair of Blues Devilles! Sounded quite nice.

Admittedly that was in Europe, so he might of had those provided to him.

We’re probably best off not starting then, I could spazz out on him for days straight. I even got a little tipsy last week and was talking to a bass player friend about how Chic is the most important band in history.

I love his story about the doorman at a club who was responsible for “Le Freak”!

His influence on music in general as a producer as well. Such a quiet giant in the Industry.

So Paco or the cat notwithstanding, I think we all agree that Mr.DeBlanc needs to get a DG30 cabinet. Yes?

The ayes have it. [bangs gavel] Done!

And for those of you who don’t have a DG30, my condolences. ;)

PS. The condolences line is a joke. I don’t care at all, really! Play whatever floats your boat. :)

Last edited:
Guitars have feelings too!

My guitars only think logically. They ignore their feelings. They ignore my feelings.

It’s weird.

Just the other day, one of them told me that I’d be a lot better off giving up the guitar altogether, and getting an accordion. I called it a smart-ass. It didn’t care.

So Paco or the cat notwithstanding, I think we all agree that Mr.DeBlanc needs to get a DG30 cabinet. Yes?

And for those of you who don’t have a DG30, my condolences. ;)

PS. The condolences line is a joke. I don’t care at all, really! Play whatever floats your boat. :)

Oh come on, Les. How could anyone who has an Archon be offended by any other amp snobnicity? Not possible. WE rule the free world. We have ARCHONS! ;)

Now, for you guys who DON’T have an Archon... yeah, what Les said. Condolences all around. :D (Yeah, homey played his Archon tonight and is feelin’ his oats!).

Man, if you could print something up that looks all official for like, a lawyer’s notice about a court order that says I owe money for a Downers Grove township fee article 2-12, and certified mail that sh!t to my wife.... she might just pay it.

Man, if you could print something up that looks all official for like, a lawyer’s notice about a court order that says I owe money for a Downers Grove township fee article 2-12, and certified mail that sh!t to my wife.... she might just pay it.

d7pT5s1.jpg

Back