Clint Lowery SE tone/ pickup problem?

Bj6582

Hello everyone, this is my first time using the board so bare with me... I purchased an Se Clint lowery about a year and half ago and have been nothing more than pleased with it. I was really surprised at the quality of the guitar for the price. By far one of the best sounding guitars I've ever purchased. A few weeks ago I put on a new set of strings (the same gauge as the originals) and then there was hardly no tone or output coming from bridge pickup. It had sat for about a week prior to string change and was playing/sounding fine. I had changed the strings multiple times before and never had any issues. I thought maybe it was the strings so I put on a different set... No change. The only other thing I noticed was that the push pull pot seemed like it was way to easy to turn and push and would sometimes make a light crackling noise when pulled. . It had been that way since new but I thought at this point something must have a bad connection or a short. So I picked up an exact replacement pot as the original and swapped it out. Still no change. Sounds exactly the same. So then I thought maybe the pick up switch had gone bad? Replaced it too... Once again... No change.. I tested the pickup and it seems to be fine. Has anyone out there had this sort of problem before?

Back