Changing Saddles on the core silver sky.

Moxy1972

So what’s your thoughts on the saddles of the core silver sky?
I’ve always rested the palm of my hand on the tremolo, as i tend to use it for fast tremolo use!
But constantly find the grub screws scratching or cutting me, even though they aren’t rough or sticking out that much. I know that’s why beck had fender change his!
Are there replacements i can put in place?
As much as i want a smooth saddle block, I’m reluctant to change the look of it! ( yes I know I’m just making it an impossible question to answer!!! lol).
Has anyone else gone or going through the same conundrum?

I put Highwood saddles on my MIJ '87 Squier superstrat and they've made a world of difference in comfort and improved the tone a bit. There are three different widths so make sure you get the correct width ones.

Not going back to screws sticking out again.

BPD38142.jpg

I put Highwood saddles on my MIJ '87 Squier superstrat and they've made a world of difference in comfort and improved the tone a bit. There are three different widths so make sure you get the correct width ones.

Not going back to screws sticking out again.

BPD38142.jpg
Thats great thank you.👍

So what’s your thoughts on the saddles of the core silver sky?
I’ve always rested the palm of my hand on the tremolo, as i tend to use it for fast tremolo use!
But constantly find the grub screws scratching or cutting me, even though they aren’t rough or sticking out that much. I know that’s why beck had fender change his!
Are there replacements i can put in place?
As much as i want a smooth saddle block, I’m reluctant to change the look of it! ( yes I know I’m just making it an impossible question to answer!!! lol).
Has anyone else gone or going through the same conundrum?
I replaced my saddles on all my Silver Sky's (including SE's) going back to 2019. I find the stock/oem vintage saddle screws to be a little high and rough on my palm. I also dislike the visual aesthetic of the stock vintage saddles.

I used the PRS Core Saddles and have no issues with them. You can also find a great selection of saddles for the Silver Sky on John Mann's site.

Here's one of my post showing pictures. I hope my response is helpful in some way.

Thread 'HSH Non-Believer (Silver Sky)' https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/hsh-non-believer-silver-sky.55287/

I replaced my saddles on all my Silver Sky's (including SE's) going back to 2019. I find the stock/oem vintage saddle screws to be a little high and rough on my palm. I also dislike the visual aesthetic of the stock vintage saddles.

I used the PRS Core Saddles and have no issues with them. You can also find a great selection of saddles for the Silver Sky on John Mann's site.

Here's one of my post showing pictures. I hope my response is helpful in some way.

Thread 'HSH Non-Believer (Silver Sky)' https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/hsh-non-believer-silver-sky.55287/
That’s great thank you 👍

Back