Cast your Vote DGT or Brent Mason model

Texas_minor_blues

Rosewood or Bust
Curious as to what you good people think between these 2 amazing instruments.

I currently have a McCarty and a 513 but wanting something to bridge the gap.
I previously had a DGT that I had to part with, but being realistic I am curious if the brent mason would cover ground the DGT does not

based on what you have the DGT is better chose. I have not played a Mason but from what I have reviewed the 513 maybe able to get you the sounds of the Mason. I say get them both and if you want return the one you like least:vroam:

I'm not sure that either of those models somehow bridges a gap between the two guitars you have.

After all, the DGT is a variation on the McCarty, and the 513 gives you the single coil tones that the 408 pickups on the Mason will give you.

I'd get an SC245 or a Hollowbody. Honest!

Haven't played a DGT but I love my Brent Mason....so do the folks at the guitar shop I frequent....who are meh about PRS. The sound variations are numerous and vey different. Much more varied than the 408 I tried.

Everybody seems to be in favor of the DGT. I haven't played one, but I do have a Brent Mason, and I feel it's the best guitar for me that PRS has out right now. I'm a single-coil guy--Teles and Strats mostly--and the one sound I haven't been able to get on most PRSi is a good single-coil bridge-pickup sound. I haven't tried a DGT, so I don't know if it'll do that, but the Brent Mason definitely will, as well as decent Strat-type "quack" combinations, and a really good jazz tone on the neck humbucker. The DC3 and the 305 are also great for single-coil stuff too, but they don't do the humbucker thing, plus, they've been discontinued. The 513's I've tried were "close, but no cigar" as it were--I liked the DC3 better. Anyway, I have a Brent Mason, so I guess that's my vote right there!

I'm not sure that either of those models somehow bridges a gap between the two guitars you have.

After all, the DGT is a variation on the McCarty, and the 513 gives you the single coil tones that the 408 pickups on the Mason will give you.

I'd get an SC245 or a Hollowbody. Honest!

I have to agree with LSchefman, you have a lot of ground covered with the McCarty / 513 combo. A HB could add more to you then the DGT or the BM. Just my 2 cents.
I know this is not the question, but did you considered sell the McCarty & 513 and get the DGT & BM? Sounds like lots of ground covered.

as much as my DGT will be the last guitar pried from my cold, dead hands, i believe the Brent Mason will fill out your tonal palette. the korina body and the 408 pickups are going to give you some nasty, angry, grit that will compliment your existing two guitars. i had one and the only thing i did not like about it was the maple neck, as i am a freak who likes some friction and the rock maple was too smooth for me.

I have to cast my vote with the minority opinion here.....
If you're looking for versatility....
57753da3f7913fbbe848e496f8ab7025_zpsb16eb761.jpg

Back