Carlos Santana on NBA Finals!

Discussion in 'PRS News' started by martysnarf, Jun 8, 2015.

1. martysnarf

martysnarf New Member

Just watched Carlos play our National Anthem before tonight's NBA Finals! Nice exposure for PRS!! I liked it, but I must say that I liked Paul and Lenny's version better. Theirs was FANTASTIC!!

Already missing all my PRS buds from this weekend's good times... See you all again soon!

2. AP515

AP515 Mostly Normal

To me it didn't sound like Santana at all. Was straight melody. I'm not sure why, but it seemed like he let his wife have the improv and he just played the straight melody line. I would have liked him putting some signature Santana into it.

3. WeFixFlats

WeFixFlats Respect The Clave

Tone Tubby Speakers got a huge plug. Didn't recognize the combo amp on top of the speaker cabinet, early Dumble maybe? It had a very small eagle decal on the right front of the panel. And Carlos didn't wear his famous 'Supernatural' El Dorado Guitar strap either.

4. tabl10s

tabl10s New Member

I wonder why the King Snake isn't getting any exposure?

5. WeFixFlats

WeFixFlats Respect The Clave

Excellent point. The Mesa Boogie Brand was born and raised in the Bay Area. And Carlos named them too~!

6. Huggy B

Huggy B Raaarrr!!!

I was thinking the same but maybe he was thinking that every guitar man doing the anthem whacks it out and goes off with it (Hendrix, Satriani, Metallica) so maybe he was thinking to be different. I was too waiting for some screamers at the end.