My belated NGD thread

Thanks for the encouragement, team. As I said in the original post, I simply love playing it, whenever I can. Even without any amplification, it's nice to play.

Nice! And it must be great to be near enough to visit Anderton's.
Yeah, it's a good place, packed with treasures. It's about a 40-minute drive for me, and in a place I have fond memories of - I went to uni in Guildford. I've only even been to the shop twice though - once for the GT-1000, and once for the PRS and the headrush. They're getting quite a good £-per-visit ratio out of me so far!

Maybe I don't fully realise how lucky I am though? I sort of assumed that most people in the UK would be within a reasonable drive of a quality guitar shop. Is that not the case?

Thanks for the encouragement, team. As I said in the original post, I simply love playing it, whenever I can. Even without any amplification, it's nice to play.

Yeah, it's a good place, packed with treasures. It's about a 40-minute drive for me, and in a place I have fond memories of - I went to uni in Guildford. I've only even been to the shop twice though - once for the GT-1000, and once for the PRS and the headrush. They're getting quite a good £-per-visit ratio out of me so far!

Maybe I don't fully realise how lucky I am though? I sort of assumed that most people in the UK would be within a reasonable drive of a quality guitar shop. Is that not the case?
Not where i live when it comes to PRS core line. About 2& half hours drive from my drum to Andertons but good fun!!!

Fantastic choice, and welcome!

For what it's worth, nothing vanilla about a Custom 24. It's a GREAT introduction to the PRS line and is exactly like what you were looking for in terms of capability and tonal range....capable of a HUGE range of tones and vocal character, especially when utilizing the volume and tone knobs.

And in a beautiful color, too!

Congrats!!!

Time for a bit of an update here, as there's a bit of a milestone for me with the guitar.

As stated in my original post, the main aim of treating myself to this guitar was to make me want to practice. It has certainly done that - probably 5-6 days a week, anywhere from 30 mins to 90 of quality practice. Even paid for a guitartricks.com subscription to speed the learning.
Anyway, this week I played guitar in public for the first time. Just an open mic/jam evening at a local pub. But I got involved with some blues. It was the first time I'd played with another person too.

Of course, this also meant it was the custom 24's first public airing! The host was very complimentary of my guitar and its finish.

Time for a bit of an update here, as there's a bit of a milestone for me with the guitar.

As stated in my original post, the main aim of treating myself to this guitar was to make me want to practice. It has certainly done that - probably 5-6 days a week, anywhere from 30 mins to 90 of quality practice. Even paid for a guitartricks.com subscription to speed the learning.
Anyway, this week I played guitar in public for the first time. Just an open mic/jam evening at a local pub. But I got involved with some blues. It was the first time I'd played with another person too.

Of course, this also meant it was the custom 24's first public airing! The host was very complimentary of my guitar and its finish.
Playing live will get you hooked in a hurry, congrats!

Back