Car Shopping: Anything Good?

I did have it out on the I-70 autobahn today. Is 125 mph considered wreckless driving? Asking for a friend.

Was Sammy Hagar with you? That would affect things.

In the 1990s, Sammy was on the Tonight Show w/Jay Leno, and Leno asked him how fast he had driven. Sammy said, "Fastest I ever went or that I got a ticket for?" Jay said the fastest he'd gone, and Sammy said "155." Jay said, "Are you nuts? I don't buy that." Sammy said, "It's true - you can ask my wife, she was there." Leno said, "And your wife was in the car?!? What's wrong with you?"

I figure he was just trying to get away from her voice... :oops:

Yes, and this INFURIATES ME! Yes, I have TONS of high res (for MP3) songs ripped and can play them in all our newer cars, but between low res Sirius XM and the significant difference in qualify between a CD and the USB input on car stereos, I haven't heard GOOD car stereo in months, since my Milan went to car heaven. That stereo kicked A$$ for a factory stereo. But is a clear indicator of what I"m talking about. The best MP3s sound good in that car but CDs sound significantly better. The new truck and new Subaru don't have a CD player. $100K worth of vehicles, can't put a CD player in them. :mad:
YES YES YES YES YES THIS! Not $100, but $80,000 is the cost of the car we are looking at for my wife. I asked the salesperson, "If it doesn't have a CD player can we at least get something to store my music. Can't we get a system with a hard drive?" She immediately started spewing the answers she had been taught in their role playing. "It has a wonderful sound system with 15 speakers", etc. "We will help you hook up your phone.". Inferring, of course, since I'm a geezer, I need help synching my phone :mad: And I asked her, butif I use blue tooth I'm going to lose all the highs in my music. And I got nothing more than a dumb stare.

Back