Capturing that Hollowbody acoustic sound

Would you consider a Boss AD-10 Acoustic Pre-Amp? I just tried my HB2 through it and got a better Acoustic feel, than if I ran my CU24 through it. It has onboard effects and looper if you are interested in that stuff.

Would you consider a Boss AD-10 Acoustic Pre-Amp? I just tried my HB2 through it and got a better Acoustic feel, than if I ran my CU24 through it. It has onboard effects and looper if you are interested in that stuff.
Thanks for the reply @Wakester ! I already have the VE-8, but have not really played with it for recording. Just primarily use it for playing live. I will give that a go! I know the AD-10 has more acoustic options, but not sure if it is enough to make me want a second boss unit. Like everything else, I will not be able to try it anywhere around here, so it would be a crap shoot for me if I did want to get one. I appreciate your feedback/suggestion and I will explore what I can find on it compared to the VE-8!

Happy pickin'!
MW

I appreciate all the discussion on this subject, many of you are better informed than I am. After reading what everyone has said on this subject I realize there's serious limitations to what I'm trying to accomplish when trying to get a great acoustic sound from a limited acoustic signal. So after trying many different combinations to get the most acoustic sound I can from my PRS Hollow Body SE with Piezo I've found a the best acoustic sound I've been able to produce for my use doing solo gigs is to use my Fishman Aura with limited mid range and base and putting it through my pa and adding some effects and mid and base to what I'm getting from the Aura. The mag signal is going to my line 6 and I love the combined sound. I can turn off the mag pick up (actually leave a little top end) and use the two together and the sound is different than any I've heard locally. I'm going to keep watching this forum for more ideas and suggestions. Thanks Musicians

Back