Cannot post attachments?

ken2esq

I just joined the forum and activated my account this morning.

Then I tried to make a new NGD post with pics of my PRS, and I cannot add any attachment. At the bottom it says "posting permissions" and it says I CANNOT add attachments. WTF?

I've never heard of not being able to attach photos to a post after becoming an active member. Are there some hoops I have to jump through before my attachment-power is activated? If so, there REALLY ought to be some disclosure of that, like in the welcome e-mails I got from the forum, but they say nothing about this.

Ken

I think that photos should be hosted somewhere else and hot-linked into your post using the Insert Image button.
I have used imageshack but a lot of people use photobucket or one of the many photo hosting sites out there.
Try doing that method for posting photos here.
Posting messages in the correct section is also a good idea. hint-hint ;)
r0si.jpg

Sorry, is this not the correct sub-forum to talk about a technical problem with posting? I looked at the other sub-forum titles and this seemed the best fit.

Anyway, I am not trying to upload photos, I am trying to link to photos hosted elsewhere online, but I cannot do that.

It's really not an issue of not knowing "how" to do this, at the bottom of the page when you are writing a post, there is a header "posting permissions" and under it, it says what you can do and mine says:

"Posting Permissions

You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts"

Note the second to last line? So it would seem this is an issue that, for some reason, my membership is limited and does not include attachments. Now, if it's a matter that you need to post a certain number of posts to get certain permissions, I understand that sort of thing, have seen that on other sites for other powers/rights. However, it looks to me like often the very FIRST post a new member will make on here is an NGD post with attached pics of their guitar (which is exactly what I tried to do for my first post). So, again, it simply does not seem that my problem is a function of not having made enough posts yet to get attaching privileges. Instead, it seems for some totally unknown reason that my account was approved without attachment privileged, not sure if this is something the forum administrator chose to do when approving my account or what, but it's a real mystery because sharing guitar photos is perhaps the number one activity members on here engage in, as near as I can tell.

I'd really love it if an administrator would just hop on here and clear this up for me.

Ken

At the bottom it says "posting permissions" and it says I CANNOT add attachments. WTF?

Only Mods can add "attachments". Members can post images that are hosted elsewhere (like PhotoBucket).

You should be able to post images but the anti-spam software does force a minimum number of posts (or days as a member) before images are allowed through the filter.

To post images:
http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthread.php?932-how-to-post-pics

Oh, I did not realize there was a difference between "attaching" a pick and posting an image hosted elsewhere. I get it now. Sorry for taking up your time, and thanks.

Cheers,

Ken

Back