First Post & Question

29er

Hello. Just joined the forum & this is post #1 for me. One of the dumbest things I ever did was sell my McCarty when I quit regular gigging way back in the 90's. It was the best sounding electric I ever owned. Anyhow, the reason I'm here is I recently bought an SE series hollow body that I'm digging a lot. The SE series is a very well done import, IMO. My question: Is it possible to attach a Bigsby trem on these hollow bodied instruments? I'm guessing the answer is no, but I'd probably do t if it can be done.

The tops are plywood, and I believe the PTC has already told a forum brother/sister it can be done.

Reached out to the PTC and they said it cant be done due to a lack of support on the top. I know there are lots of fully hollow guitars with Bigsby trems but if PRS says not to do it then I will take their advise. Either way, it is a great guitar and I am happy to have it.

I dont think so as there is not enough wood to really support the Bigsby. I have heard they also go out of tune a lot but that is just word of mouth. I think all trems go our of tune at some point for sure.

Back