Can you help me identify this guitar?

"It would be nice to have a quilt top but it probably won't have the same trem and tuners, also will have 24 frets, probably solid inlays and of course different switching options being a 24-08. I wouldn't be surprised if it has the 85/15 PU's too - closer together than this, so apart from the overall 'shape' and, maybe the colour/quilt, I can't see it being too similar."

I do prefer the solid inlays...

Jason

I do too and that stopped me buying a 25th anniversary Custom 24 instead of the 'newer' one. I preferred the quilted top on the 25th anniversary but the Custom 24 I did buy was no slouch either...

E3pL6EF.jpg

The trouble with 'dark' fretboards is that the shadow gets lost - especially at a distance. I quite like the stylized birds - like brushstrokes but solid birds are my preference. As long as it doesn't have 'Dots' which I think look 'cheap' - maybe because dots are on 'cheap' guitars and you don't 'often' get mre intricate inlays until you go up the price scale. I know some love dots - especially the 'moons'.

I can't deny that it was the 'birds' that first attracted me to PRS guitars in the first place - before I even played or heard one...

Back