Would you buy this guitar?

BOOOO!! beat me to it I was just going to pay :mad: I will add that this was listed for awhile at a GC in FL and must have been returned and found it's way to MA.
I'm hoping it wasn't returned because the electronics/wiring was bad....

Mmm ... I was looking at this too and took the plunge. (The extra 10% over an already reduced price pushed me over the edge) I actually called the store and the associate said he thought that the toggle was installed by the PTC. I am going to call PRS as I have had great customer service experiences with them. Either way GC has a great return policy, which I've had to use once on a guitar that was not what was advertised.

Welcome and congrats.

Way to make a first post here.

Pics and details when it arrives please.

Mmm ... I was looking at this too and took the plunge. (The extra 10% over an already reduced price pushed me over the edge) I actually called the store and the associate said he thought that the toggle was installed by the PTC. I am going to call PRS as I have had great customer service experiences with them. Either way GC has a great return policy, which I've had to use once on a guitar that was not what was advertised.
Cold.

Wasn't trying to be cold.. I have been looking to try a Custom 24 v. my Custom 22 and saw this at the beginning of the GC sale. I actually found this forum as I was slightly concerned about the same issue as the OP but had already decided to take the plunge as GC has a great return policy.

I apologize if my original.post came off cold or as a boast.

I used to love undercutters Pizza!

This is fate, and how my usual guitar purchase deliberations are solved.

If I'm finally ready to purchase and its gone, it wasn't meant for me. I've been jacked a few times waiting for a sweet piece, and I'm glad someone snagged this beauty, and sorry it wasn't the OP. It happens.

Do you think it still self identifies as a Semi Hollow or is it a trans-model WL solid body??

Last edited:
Wasn't trying to be cold.. I have been looking to try a Custom 24 v. my Custom 22 and saw this at the beginning of the GC sale. I actually found this forum as I was slightly concerned about the same issue as the OP but had already decided to take the plunge as GC has a great return policy.

I apologize if my original.post came off cold or as a boast.
Sorry for shaming you. I was trying to be funny. I should have put some emoji to convey my feelings, but I am not much of an emoji person.

We all know the risks of hesitation.

So it finally arrived and I have some answers as to the switch and this guitar. First off it is incredibly clean no marks, dings, etc. The flame neck is insane. Per PRS:

This is a 2019 wood library Custom 24 Fatback, figured maple top, mahogany back, figured maple neck with a wide/thin carve, figured maple fretboard with Paua bird inlays, Burnt Maple Leaf finish with 58/15 LT pickups.

the figured maple top is insanely beautiful, words dont do it justice. As to the wiring it appears that it is VVT with a PRS push pull tone. The toggle is the three way selector switch. PRS could not verify if it was PTC.

I will try and post pics later if imagur will cooperate.

Back