Bud Davis

I think I saw pics of it... I know we talked about it.....hmmm is it yours or your son's?;) Feel free to post em up!

OK twist my arm! :)

Paul Miles did the paint job, Marc Quigley took the photos

f2-1.jpg

f1-1.jpg

I like the simplicity. Traditional Metal Model stripes are a "can't lose" decision.

I also like how he didn't just go for the white and blue combo. The fade to gold is clean.

DirtyBob, I want to paint my car in the colors used on our guitar. Can you be so kind to tell me what paint you used? In some pics it appears the middle of the guitar is white pearl and others it appears to be silver metalflake. Did you use a coarser grade flake on the outside edge.

I have an old 1970's Mustang show and want to do a 1970's style paint job on it. Thanks

I just learned that Bud passed away last year. He was a good dude and I am really sorry to hear the news.

For those of you who are also just learning this sad news, here is his obituary. My sincere condolences to his sons.

Horace A. “Bud” Davis, 72, Elizabethton, Tennessee passed away Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at his residence. A native of Tacoma Park, Maryland, he was a son of the late Carl S. & Docia Mary Lyons Davis. He had lived in Elizabethton for the past 12 years. Bud was a retired Custom Automotive Painter. His hobbies included, Corvettes and Model Trains. He also loved playing the Guitar and Keyboard.

Bud served in the United States Army. He was a member of Dashiell Masonic Lodge # 238. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by a sister: Mary Alice.

Survivors include Three Sons: Duane, Daniel and Jason with their wives, JoAnn, Patricia and Elizabeth. Six Grandchildren, DJ, Joey, Diana, Austin, Raquel and Ryan Davis. One Sister: Barbara Ballard, of Elizabethton. One niece, two nephews and many cousins.

A Memorial Service will be conducted at 7 p.m. Friday, April 22, 2016 in Memorial Funeral Chapel with Pastor Dennis Wilson officiating. The family will receive friends from 5 to 7 p.m. Friday in the funeral home. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made in memory of Bud to the Wounded Warrior Project, P.O. Box 758517, Topeka, Kansas 66675. Condolences may be sent to the family at our web-site: www.memorialfcelizabethton.com.

Memorial Funeral Chapel, 212 N. Main Street, Elizabethton, Tenn. 37643 is serving the Davis family. 423 543 3839

Back