Bring back the Goldtop McCarty Soapbar!

I have thorn staple tops in my McSoapy. Admittedly i think the stock SD are the weak link in that guitar..... Paul needs to wind a 56/17 P-90!!!!!

I just bought a McCarty Soapbar (10 top, not a goldtop, but I wanted a goldtop really badly!). Supposedly they were swapped out for some Fralins. I haven't even had a chance to play it yet!

BRING BACK THE P90 SOAPBAR MCCARTY!
I agree wholeheartedly! An all-mahogany McSoapy arrived into my stable earlier this week. It's fantastic... but still it's not a goldtop with moons (and I like PRS's older goldtop, not the new "really gold" one).

Pics of this new one will be shared once I have completed my conversion of the gaudy gold-hardware back to all-nickel.

This was a great axe...still miss it!
UpyWynQ.jpg

pro / con this vs CE24 satin goldtop i may have just bought from Ish .....
Well, it would appear that yours has the amazing 57/08 pickups in it (as opposed to the 85/15 that seem to be in most other CE 24's), so... I'd say you still win.

I mean, I still think the McCarty Soapbar (P-90's, set neck, wraptail bridge) is a different guitar overall from your CE 24 (humbuckers, bolt neck, tremolo bridge). This can only mean one thing--that you need to by the matching set of BOTH.

Back