Bring back the Goldtop McCarty Soapbar!

57Deluxe

It was the promise of this model that brought me to PRS in the first place but by the time I saw the light it was out the catalog.

I have an SEII instead which is superb, but I would love a Goldtop McCarty P90...

160438-1.jpg

I concur...that would be sweet!
Just bought a couple of similar P90 guitars from other brands recently..... love those things!

My very first PRS was a McCarty soap. Got it signed by Paul and still have it. Really nice guitars with their own personality. Are there no soap models at all now?

My very first PRS was a McCarty soap. Got it signed by Paul and still have it. Really nice guitars with their own personality. Are there no soap models at all now?

Only in the SE line or via Private Stock... grrrr.

The Soapbar p90 is one of the most underrated tone machines out there. My mcsoapie II isvthe bomb diggity, but I too crave some McCarty soap action. !!!

I realize there's the whole aesthetic of soapbar/P90s, but if it's just the tone you're after, there are some really fantastic aftermarket pickups that deliver P-90 tone in a humbucker sized package. Maybe that's not what this is about?

I realize there's the whole aesthetic of soapbar/P90s, but if it's just the tone you're after, there are some really fantastic aftermarket pickups that deliver P-90 tone in a humbucker sized package. Maybe that's not what this is about?

Yea! Grab a McCarty and drop a set of these in it!

Back