Bridge pick up and volume control DGT

al66

Currently playing a new 2020 DGT . On the bridge pick up i find that rolling of volume control changes the sound very little.
From 10 down to 6. The neck pick up is the opposite. the guitar cleans up at arond 6 or 7. I really love this guitar and i do like how the pick up sounds,
just wish it was a bit more responsive. PRS have said they use linear taper and not audio taper pots which may account for this and that i shuold experiment with pick up heights. Any technical know how regarding this would be appreciated, thanks

David Grissom uses the bridge pickup mostly. I set my neck pickup around 6 and bridge around 9.

Try VIP Pots if you don't like the stock ones.

David Grissom uses the bridge pickup mostly. I set my neck pickup around 6 and bridge around 9.

Try VIP Pots if you don't like the stock ones.
I Will look in to that thanks. can i ask, do you notice much of a tonal change when you roll of volume knob on bridge pick up.

I’d try lowering that bridge pickup a bit. Most PRS pickups are greatly affected by the volume control and how hard you pick. Even my \m/ pickups through the Archon respond awesome to fairly minor adjustments.

Back