Breaking strings like crazy

fgeorge097

First time PRS owner, P245 Semi Hollow. I've been breaking the Low E and A strings like crazy. I do come down on them kind of hard as a rock player, but never have I had so many broken strings. THey always break at the bridge. Any suggestions?

First time PRS owner, P245 Semi Hollow. I've been breaking the Low E and A strings like crazy. I do come down on them kind of hard as a rock player, but never have I had so many broken strings. THey always break at the bridge. Any suggestions?
Are there any sharp points or burs on the bridge itself? Are you using new strings each time? Do you have/have you had this problem with any other guitars?

No sharp points- brand new guitar. New strings each time I change. Not had this problem on my strat or jackson soloist.

I've never broken a string on a PRS, and I've been playing them since 1991. You should have a tech look at the guitar.

What kind of strings do you use?

It's a rare and unusual problem, it is likely a rare and unusual cause. This is a P245 so it's got the bridge with the piezo inserts. My completely wild guess is that two of the intonatable saddles are put in backwards and they cut the strings.

Back