Blast From The Past - Blue Sierra

pvillas25

New to the forums, this year was a PRS holiday year for me. Managed to get what I considered great deals on some sweet PRS gear! (Guitars under a different thread).

I picked up a 2009 50W Blue Sierra head and 2x12 matching cabinet. Really nice sounding amp - dark and thick, breaks up well. The reverb is on the less intense side of the fence, but good enough for almost all of what I play. Handles a variety of pickups very well. Handles my pedalboard out front well too. Really liking it so far, had a PRS H-amp head which I didn't like as much. This single channel amp has a great amount of tonal variety.

Is there any remaining love out there for this amp? The EL34's are probably stock and I am curious as to what people may recommmend as replacements.

I would insert a pic, but when click icon cannot browse to upload the image - asks for a URL only.

Did you happen to pick that amp up in Cherry Hill? If so, that is a great amp.. I almost bought it myself. It should have Winged C EL34s in it.. they are the best I have used.. Enjoy it,

Yes I did - along with the Faded Blueberry McCarty 2 with DGT pickup install. My man Elliot.... Tried a DGT Standard Green Burst - but was kinda body heavy. I would post picts, but not enabled yet

From what I've heard in clips, you scored a great amp. I think the world of PRS' single channel 50 watt amps, and have one myself (HXDA).

Back