Blackstone Cherry, Skynyrd, Bad Company.......................... PRS everywhere!

markie

Zombie 27 - DFZ
Went to concert with Blackstone Cherry, Skynyrd, & Bad Company with my good buddy 11top on Saturday night. They all put on a good show. Bad Company was spectacular. Paul Rodgers still has the same pipes he had 40 years ago & Howard Leese was as smooth as ever. It was very cool to see PRS's being used in all 3 Bands. :rock:

I think Steve has some pictures & maybe he will share them with us...............

It was a fun night. When Bad Company hit the stage, Howard was sporting my old emerald SC RW trem.

I knew that he was touring with that guitar, but Markie and I didn't know that the 2nd guitar he would play would be one of Markie's old ones. (Sorry about the terrible Iphone photos, but the stage lights were causing havic all night and I couldn't get many good stage shots. :()

Howard had told me about a guitar display case that was donated to Paul and Cynthia (Kereluk) Rodger's animal rescue charity (Willowsanimals.com) in Scotland. He asked if I were interested, and I was (since I'm a fan of Bad Company, Howard Leese, and animals). I ended up buying the case (with all proceeds going to the charity!:congrats::rock: ), and the members of the band (except for Simon Kirk who had already left) signed it that night. They were all gracious enough to have their photos taken with me as well.

I have one of Howard's guitars that I will display in the case.

Unfortunately, as stated above, my photos of the band on stage did not turn out from my Iphone, but here is a (bad) one:

Skynyrd was good, but Bad Company was great. Paul Rodgers is still the greatest singer in R&R, and Howard's playing was smooth and tasty. And, you can't meet a nicer bunch of people than the members of the band.

Last edited:
MARKIESOLDGUITARPLAYEDININDY.jpg
[/URL]

Dude, that guitar kicks all kinds of ass!

Steve was taking pics while stage-diving. That explains the sideways and upside down shots. :p

Nice stuff Steve!

Steve was taking pics while stage-diving. That explains the sideways and upside down shots. :p

Nice stuff Steve!

LOL! My underwear never did make it to the stage.

Photoshop is great isn't it? I have edited twice, and they still don't post properly. Oh well, good neck exercises, right Hanso?

I'm a fan of Blackstone Cherry and have seen them a handful of times. The drummer is incredible!

Back