Black Unicorn

Tonart

Tone of the Art......or is that backwards?
Here’s an interesting one to share. I got this private stock guitar a while back now. While it isn’t the prettiest around, what makes it special is that it’s got a solid African Blackwood neck.

African Blackwood is one of the densest and hardest woods around, and I’m not sure if it’s due to that, but this guitar sure has a distinct tone of its own.

The neck is shiny black, smooth and poreless as if it were charcoal. This wood is usually used for wind instruments like flutes, bagpipes and even nunchakus. It speaks to the exotic nature of the private stock vault that they could make a guitar out of this stuff.
mHhkKTH.jpg
8ryceJD.jpg
xXjfCRb.jpg

Last edited:
I am also appreciative of this little nuance added onto the certificate, because they did not have to. It shows that the PRS team cares, shows that they are fans of their own craft.
fjWXFtp.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool! I may have to consider that for my neck material if it's still available when I finally get around to putting together a private stock build.

how heavy is the guitar?
Very. I’ve never actually weighed it before, but by feel it’s probably approaching a les Paulish 8 pound plus near niner. It’s a McCarty, which is a good thing too to balance the weight of the neck.

Back