Black Unicorn

Nice piece, with such a dense wood material I presume it has a brightness to the tone.

Nice piece, with such a dense wood material I presume it has a brightness to the tone.
It’s hardly possible for me to describe tone in words but I could try. African Blackwood is classified as a rosewood, but I certainly don’t hear the dark tone associated with rosewoods on this one. It’s well-rounded across the spectrum, full-bodied. The response, the way the notes swell, like an inbuilt Wah-pedal in the guitar, is quite prominent. And finally the 408’s have their own thing added to it.

The neck is sweet as, but let’s not forget that amazing top and the stunning finish! Great!!

The neck is sweet as, but let’s not forget that amazing top and the stunning finish! Great!!
Frankly the top is not that great - at certain angles the flame is a little muddled and indistinct. That neck though...

Wow! I have always liked the black fingerboard look ever since first seeing Brian May’s homemade guitar.
Yup totally same sentiment here. Dark fingerboards may lack figuring which in itself is a very attractive thing, but they just look so classy.

She's a beaut! I love a black fingerboard , but add the neck....fagetaboutit!

I dig that top a bunch. Then inlays look cool, too. Never played a guitar with that neck wood. I bet it's a fun one!

I dig that top a bunch. Then inlays look cool, too. Never played a guitar with that neck wood. I bet it's a fun one!
That’s black MOP, which is my favorite of the mothers after brown. Kinda like, figured yet not over the top so.

That’s black MOP, which is my favorite of the mothers after brown. Kinda like, figured yet not over the top so.

Ah, cool.

This makes me want to see a total monochrome monster PS build in black. The ultimate metal axe. Black MOP inlays!!!

Back