Black Unicorn

There’s an interesting story behind the origin of this guitar as well. I heard through the dealer that Paul Smith was so smitten by the guitar he declared it a ‘magical guitar’ and apparently set about finding another African Blackwood neck blank. It would seem that he found another one subsequently, only to trade it to another dealer for a favor! Perhaps he’s found a couple of others in the meantime.

Check out 11:25 of this video. I happened to chance upon it and was stoked to hear the story because this guitar is one of the two he mentioned.

It’s time in the womb, which is currently featured on the PRS private stock website (photo tour).
wM5KV4Cl.jpg

ta14DeLl.jpg

Ok, I’m just going to come out and say it, I’m smitten with that top. The finish looks like tigers eye, which is my favourite.

There, I’ve said it! (Cringes in the corner!):confused:

Ok, I’m just going to come out and say it, I’m smitten with that top. The finish looks like tigers eye, which is my favourite.

There, I’ve said it! (Cringes in the corner!):confused:
Thanks! Trust me, the top is certainly no slouch but all the photos are taken at the most flattering angles. :p

The color is Kodiak Smokeburst, customised with more browns and less reds.

There’s an interesting story behind the origin of this guitar as well. I heard through the dealer that Paul Smith was so smitten by the guitar he declared it a ‘magical guitar’ and apparently set about finding another African Blackwood neck blank. It would seem that he found another one subsequently, only to trade it to another dealer for a favor! Perhaps he’s found a couple of others in the meantime.

Check out 11:25 of this video. I happened to chance upon it and was stoked to hear the story because this guitar is one of the two he mentioned.
It’s great to see the care with which Paul places the book matched top back on the shelf and when he wipes the excess spray off the table, he shows his true colours with his attention to detail!

He really cares about his art and his guitars.

Thanks! Trust me, the top is certainly no slouch but all the photos are taken at the most flattering angles. :p

The color is Kodiak Smokeburst, customised with more browns and less reds.
It’s the nature of the quilt, somewhere around 45 degrees always gives the best view.

The finish is gorgeous.

Back