Black or Cream?

Which looks best to you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know that taste in something visual like pickup rings is a matter of personal preference. Nonetheless it seems quite odd to me that so many guitars have ivory pickup rings. Let me explain what I mean, at least for dark coloured guitars: if there is a large dark surface and a very small bright surface, the eye gets naturally drawn to the bright spots. Why would someone want people to focus first on a pickup ring?

It’s not what I would like people to notice first when they see a guitar?! Especially with these amazing flamed or quilted maple tops, it doesn’t make any sense to me to put as much attention on a pickup ring. I would make all of them black so that they do not distract the eye from the real beauty…

I know that taste in something visual like pickup rings is a matter of personal preference. Nonetheless it seems quite odd to me that so many guitars have ivory pickup rings. Let me explain what I mean, at least for dark coloured guitars: if there is a large dark surface and a very small bright surface, the eye gets naturally drawn to the bright spots. Why would someone want people to focus first on a pickup ring?

It’s not what I would like people to notice first when they see a guitar?! Especially with these amazing flamed or quilted maple tops, it doesn’t make any sense to me to put as much attention on a pickup ring. I would make all of them black so that they do not distract the eye from the real beauty…
Or Just Have Direct Mount And No Rings. That Looks Nice As Well.

Direct mount doesn't look as polished to me, almost unfinished.
Whut?!

You Actually See More Polish Because The Pickup Rings Aren't Covering Up The Top. ;) LOL

I Think In Most Cases (No Pun Intended) It Looks Classy On A Nice Guitar. I Am A Sucker For A Nice Guitar Though...Pickup Rings Or Not. :)

Back