Black or Cream?

Which looks best to you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like the pickup rings to be the same color as the pickup bobbins. I swapped the rings on my Custom.

Blackness
Have you tbought about Rosewood rings :D
Black all the way..I went rosewood rings once and never will again..I honestly didn't like them as much as I thought I would.. don't get me wrong I liked them, but in my head I thought I would more, then I needed rosewood knobs, then switch, trem tip, and every once and a while I think truss rod and tuner buttons, but what about backplates? It's a sickness!! Get out before you get in OP and go with just the black rings! They look great!

Black.
I've got cream colored rings on my new SAS SE also and I think I'll switch them to black. Only the sunburst model has the cream rings but I think they should have been black to match the color of the bobbins. Don't know why they did it except that the older core models all had cream colored rings, but with covered humbuckers.

I forgot to add the photo!!! Now Postimages seems to be down.

So many PRS guitars seem to have Cream when I feel the color scheme leans more to black. Is Mr. RS partial to cream?

I like black to match bobbins, switch tips, dark fretboard etc.

Will try to get a photo up.

Black on most guitars unless it’s a burst with neck binding. PRS hasn’t used them in decades it seems. Their stark white rings are one of the few things that drives me kind of nuts.

I think maybe 2% of guitars look good with cream or white pickups. What I don't like about them is they draw the attention to those areas of the guitar because of their brightness. I want them to disappear so the focus is going to be on the other parts of the guitar, like sweet top, etc. So for that guitar, black all the way!!!

Back