Black Hole Burst

rugerpc

A♥ hoards guitars ♥A Soldier 25, DFZ
I was thinking about all the color choices we have and I'm wondering if there are any examples of what I would call a Black Hole Burst. That is, it would be light/brighter on the rim of the guitar and get darker in the center near the pups and bridge.

What would it look like?

Are there any in existence now?

Graduated blends from light to dark like a Tequila Sunrise Glow in reverse might look cool....

When I saw the title to this thread, I thought it was going to be about a gamma ray burst from a black hole heading toward Earth.

Which would not necessarily be a good thing...though it does give me an idea for another online novel...

Last edited:
When I saw the title to this thread, I thought it was going to be about a gamma ray burst from a black hole heading toward Earth.

Which would not necessarily be a good thing...though it does give me an idea for another online novel...
As did I...

There's been some "Sprayers Choice" along the lines of what you're thinking, but they were mainly Erizas and BCB from memory. I'll dig a photo up or 2...

Kinda like this?

CU24PRBCF-xlarge.jpg

Kinda like this?

CU24PRBCF-xlarge.jpg

WOW!

Now, I really gotta see what a reverse tequila sunrise glow would look like....

You know I'm up for that!

I talked to Bryan in finishing about these. I like the white glow, but I think it looks better with a darker color, like a dark purple, whale blue, black cherry. I saw a couple (in pictures) that looked like they were glowing.

Imagine that with a white fretboard and birds that matched the middle color...

Considering they sand down the finish for the glows, it might make it difficult to do a reverse glow with the body contours around the horns anyway.

Back