Best Review Yet - Live Show, The Great Escape, UK

László

Too Many Notes
So my son's band, Partybaby, knocked it out of the park at The Great Escape in the UK, playing at a club on the Brighton pier... http://diymag.com/2016/05/23/partybaby-the-great-escape-live-report

From the magazine:

"Partybaby’s first UK show was always gonna be a big one. Erupting like a thousand volcanos at once last year with debut single ‘Everything’s Alright’, there was something special about this lot as soon as they took paint to their jackets, throwing down their logo as a permanent statement of intent. Bringing the big American, er, party to the oh-so-British surrounds of Brighton Pier, they prove to be worth every second of the wait, and every scrap of the hype."

Partybaby-20160521-Emma-Swann-6840.jpg

That's my boy!

Signed, Proud Dad.

Word on the street is the only reason he's on the road is because his dad threw him out when he insisted on playing Gibson guitars. Reports from neighbors confirm the the last words spoken between father and son were, "If you don't play PRS you are no longer welcome in this house." "I'm out of here. Besides everyone knows SG's are the sound of the future!"

Seriously, very cool!

Word on the street is the only reason he's on the road is because his dad threw him out when he insisted on playing Gibson guitars. Reports from neighbors confirm the the last words spoken between father and son were, "If you don't play PRS you are no longer welcome in this house." "I'm out of here. Besides everyone knows SG's are the sound of the future!"

Seriously, very cool!

Haha! I gave him my 1998 CU22 Soapbar, he played it for years, then abandoned my advice completely when he got to LA. And who's to say? He's playing festivals in the UK and I'm still in my basement studio scoring TV ads? I think he wins.

But...rock and roll, baby!! And check out Chelsea on those drums! Play it like you really, really mean it!

Partybaby-20160521-Emma-Swann-6913.jpg

Partybaby-20160521-Emma-Swann-6872.jpg

Partybaby-20160521-Emma-Swann-6919.jpg

Partybaby-20160521-Emma-Swann-6905.jpg

Last edited:
Jamie says the first London show went well, but by the time I reached him, he was exhausted and ready to hit the sack. Tonight they're playing at The Victoria in London, UK.

Back