Best PRS Custom SE color

Yeah, except there aren’t any of those. KID and another Japanese store did some BP SE’s for a minute.

You're one of these guys.........

:(

And, I still think northern lights is the best.......the fact that they haven't made any YET, is just a small detail.

Note #2: That kid is about to have a bonnie pink face. :D

One of those older SE SCTs in blue might be a good place to start for you.
Oh you devil! Not only picking on Blue, but SCT as well - HOW DARE YOU! (My 8 year old has been big on saying this in mock outrage to me this year) ;):D

But I admit it would be far too cool to watch the thread for the attempt! :):cool:

Oh you devil! Not only picking on Blue, but SCT as well - HOW DARE YOU! (My 8 year old has been big on saying this in mock outrage to me this year) ;):D

But I admit it would be far too cool to watch the thread for the attempt! :):cool:

I’m not picking on anything, just trying to make 11top’s dreams come true.

My initial recommendation to new buyers is make sure you are choosing 22 vs 24 not for the frets but for the pickup placements.
The 22 will tonally be similar to a Les Paul while the 24 will be more similar to an SG because the neck pickup is pushed back closer to the bridge. If you have access to a Strat, they often have the same pickup in neck and middle positions and it's really easy to switch between them and hear what shifting a pickup that short distance can do to the tone. Are you more an LP or SG type of player?

I'm quite surprised at this.
Personally, I don't think they sound anything like LPs or SGs.

I am looking to purchase a Custom 24 SE very soon, 2017-2019 models (my first prs). Those of you who have seen all the colors in person, which shows the best?

Whale Blue - I love most PRS colors but for some reason this one seems a bit darker than I would like (I like faded Whale Blue better). Love the translucent blue standard SE but I really want the maple cap that the customs have.

Trampas Green - looks interesting?

Fire Burst Red - nice color but also seems on the darker side.

Vintage or cherry sunburst - timeless colors, but I feel like PRS has more to offer here for finishes, or am I thinking too hard here?

Thoughts?

My favourite colour is pretty obvious from my signature (and my Avatar). Its pretty much the only Red guitar in the core like - although I do like the Charcoal Cherry Burst too - thats the grey/black one with the Red around the outer edge for the burst. Not sure if this is available in an SE guitar. IF I was buying an SE, I would certainly be buying a Fire Red burst - probably the Cu24 Floyd. That's brave of me because I have never owned a Floyd - hence I would be more inclined to ho the SE route. Personally I love darker and Rich red that PRS have compared to some that are more fire engine Red.

I really do think you are thinking way too hard on the colour - probably the most inconsequential but ultimately the most personal aspect of the guitar - ie its just a cosmetic thing and that its just down to personal taste. I will never buy a Blue (I have my reasons) guitar - regardless of how well it plays and/or great it sounds - but that is just MY personal preference. If you like Blue guitars, then buy a blue guitar - it doesn't mean that its a worse (or better) guitar than a Red one, doesn't mean it will affect the playability or tonal quality - it just means that guitar looked 'best' to you.

The best advice I can give is to get yourself off to a music store that has more than 1 SE in more than 1 Colour and try the ones that jump out most to your eye. When I walk into a Music Store, the first thing I notice tends to be the Red guitars because Red is 'MY' personal favourite colour. The ones that jump out most for you should be the ones you try first. Its no point buying a White guitar if you don't really like it aesthetically and doesn't make you want to pick it up and play. If it jumped out and made you want to try it first, chances are you will want to keep picking it up, keep playing it. If you walk in and something catches your eye for looking bad, chances are you aren't going to want to play it, certainly not live. You want to feel happy and proud to be seen publicly with it.

Regardless of what our favourite colour is, its irrelevant. I maybe able to help with numerous other aspects, but Colour is something you will need to decide on yourself. If I were to say the Blue SE is best, you could get their, look at the blue available and see a green or a red that to you looks better, has a better top on it - so you really need to look at the ones you like the colour of..

Back