Beginner question about a screw PRS 245 Se

Porseen

Hello!

I recently bought my first electric guitar ever. A PRS 245 SE. I noticed a loose little screw on the back of the bridge which was screwed out quite a bit and was very loose. I screwed it in a couple of times with just my hand so it doesn’t fall off. Just wondering if it was supposed to be like that and what it does. The other side is all the way in. It’s one screw on each side.

can’t figure out how to insert a picture from my phone. Hope someone understands anyway.
Thanks in advance

That screw is for adjusting the intonation on your guitar. It moves the bridge closer to, or further away from, the mounting studs.

Thank you for the reply. But still dont understand if it’s supposed to be all loose?

^what he said^

It is a small Allen bolt on my guitar. Use a small Allen key to fix it back into the bridge, just enough to hold it in place, otherwise as @bodia says, it will effect the intonation.

Yours is all inside but I should keep mine like it was? It was like half a centimeter (sorry European). outside the hole and very loose

It looks like a 2mm Allen key to my eye, I don’t have my “baw hair” callipers to hand;)

As soon as you feel it making contact with the bridge stud will be enough.

I’m quite sure i got the correct instrument to screw it in with. Got some stuff in the soft case that was included. Was just concerned how far it should go. Thanks again for the informative replies.

I’m quite sure i got the correct instrument to screw it in with. Got some stuff in the soft case that was included. Was just concerned how far it should go. Thanks again for the informative replies.
Yep, like Alnus said, tighten it until you feel resistance. That should do it.

No problems, welcome to the forum. Use a third party hosting site like Imgur or Postimage to upload the photos of your guitar on here.

I use Postimage and use the “hotlink for forums” code, which I copy and paste into this text box -

The share code links to the hosting site and voila -

3-BD90-DD0-9-F0-F-45-E3-B34-B-A1-DDEDB957-E2.jpg

We’d love you to share your new guitar with us all on a new thread if you’re inclined.

Back