Avert your eyes. Turn your children away. A monstrous crime has been committed...

The guitar would need to be stripped to bare wood. Then the damaged area would need to be squared off and a new block of wood glued into place. The new block of wood would then need to be cut down to match the carve of the original top. Then the finishing process would begin. It's not an impossible job, but the amount of work required makes it a net loss.

The guitar would need to be stripped to bare wood. Then the damaged area would need to be squared off and a new block of wood glued into place. The new block of wood would then need to be cut down to match the carve of the original top. Then the finishing process would begin. It's not an impossible job, but the amount of work required makes it a net loss.

For real. Even I don’t feel tempted or compelled to try and fix this one. And there’s not enough tequila in the world for me to consider it for $900-ish.

Man, this guy didn't give a sh!t, he wanted to reach those upper frets and nothing was getting in his way.

I wonder how calloused his left hand is from noodling around all that splintery bare wood.

You sound like you've seen this movie before...

Couldn't the PTC take the bout completely off and then take a reject body with a good lower bout and cut the replacement section off the reject? Then just fit and glue on. Given that the replacement was already carved, would that get it close to financially feasible? You would have to make it an opaque paint job, but if one could get the guitar at a low enough price, could it be reasonable?

Damn beavers have no respect...
1wMNCb9.jpg

Yes, both these things are true. The water is hard and tastes like **** and the air is polluted and full of dust.

I actually live about 4 or so miles from this person, just south on 32nd street there a bit. I could probably do a stakeout and punch this guy in the face* when he least expects it.

*this is a joke, I'm a 6'6" 250lb scary looking lover, not a fighter, and I don't condone violence or violins as any solution to any problem.
Lol!
Didn't mean to disparage your environment brother.
Peace:cool:

You need to fix this one first.

Those damn beavers are everywhere.

Back