Avert your eyes. Turn your children away. A monstrous crime has been committed...

Yes, both these things are true. The water is hard and tastes like **** and the air is polluted and full of dust.

I actually live about 4 or so miles from this person, just south on 32nd street there a bit. I could probably do a stakeout and punch this guy in the face* when he least expects it.

*this is a joke, I'm a 6'6" 250lb scary looking lover, not a fighter, and I don't condone violence or violins as any solution to any problem.

Dammit, I was just getting ready to send you bail money......

Man, this guy didn't give a sh!t, he wanted to reach those upper frets and nothing was getting in his way.

I wonder how calloused his left hand is from noodling around all that splintery bare wood.

Sorry to post this. But you asked.

NmpSZB.jpg

Last edited:
I threw up and cried while I read that CL post. I hope that dude can REALLY shred!

I’m thinking a flathead screwdriver was the tool of choice here :)

I’ve heard the heat makes folks do crazy things - guess that’s true even when it’s a dry heat?:D

Last edited:
lmao, he still wants almost $1,000!!!!

I think the forum folks should pitch in and send it out to PTC for restoration!

I don't care if he can play a thousand miles an hour... His brain apparently moves at a much slower pace....like any of us need THAT much access to two more frets...sad.

So...a long, long time ago, I carved up a guitar body hoping to be able to do something I couldn’t otherwise do (play with a bow). My carve was prettier, but probably no less destructive.

If you never try anything, it’s hard to move forward. My guitar was no less playable, and it had already outlived its usefulness to me. I learned some things that I hadn’t been smart enough to know before I started. In the end some kid got a playable guitar for free. Maybe my price is the only thing different from what started this thread.

Last edited:
The guitar would need to be stripped to bare wood. Then the damaged area would need to be squared off and a new block of wood glued into place. The new block of wood would then need to be cut down to match the carve of the original top. Then the finishing process would begin. It's not an impossible job, but the amount of work required makes it a net loss.
Come on.......you mean PRS can't match the lines of that hack job???? Ha ha

Back