Avert your eyes. Turn your children away. A monstrous crime has been committed...

So...a long, long time ago, I carved up a guitar body hoping to be able to do something I couldn’t otherwise do (play with a bow). My carve was prettier, but probably no less destructive.

If you never try anything, it’s hard to move forward. My guitar was no less playable, and it had already outlived its usefulness to me. I learned some things that I hadn’t been smart enough to know before I started. In the end some kid got a playable guitar for free. Maybe my price is the only thing different from what started this thread.

I’ve been ruining guitars for 30 years, and with a little luck I’ll continue to do so for another 30..... but there’s always been a line I don’t cross. :p

I’ve been ruining guitars for 30 years, and with a little luck I’ll continue to do so for another 30..... but there’s always been a line I don’t cross. :p
That makes sense.
I was trained to be sceptical and sometimes feel the need to cross the line - just to make sure I know where it really is. I would never leave a job I started a ragged mess though.

Is there a guitar 911?:eek:
There’s a 911 and guitar...

dgt_pcar2-hi.jpg

Back