Have you been to PRS EXP?

• I'm experienced

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • no :(

Votes: 31 45.6%

• Total voters

vchizzle

Zomb!e Nine, DFZ

PRS that is. I'm just curious how many forum members have made to the PRS Experience? Last year was my 1st and going again this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
This will be my third. Hopefully I will meet some of you there because in past years I kind of felt like I was having a great time, but no one I knew was there to share it with. :D

I'm a tweener... technically I would have to answer no, but prior to what is now the official Experience PRS, there was a previous incarnation of the PRS forum, that had a couple of PRS 'events' at the factory. I attended the second one of those. There were factory tours, and then a huge 'reception' at a restaurant on the bay. Everyone brought guitars (unlike the Experience events). Every table and bar was covered with open guitar cases - it was amazing! PRS and the Dragons played later as headliner, one of the PRS employees bands opened. Paul set aside time at a table to sign autographs (guitars, back plates, you name it). There was an open jam the following night at a local club (we got ran out early because Maryland was in the NCAA tourney). It was a blast! I also got to visit Washington Music Center and Garrett Park Guitars. At the time (maybe someone can help me with the exact year?) Garrett Park had a huge collection of PRS guitars, early prototypes, Dragons, you name it. It was an amazing trip!

I've considered the Experience, and I know I would enjoy it. But I have to weigh the cost against other family obligations - so I haven't attended one yet.

Mike,
Cool you got to go to one of the early forum events! For years, I couldn't make it to Exp because it always landed on my fiance's b-day(lack of funds never helped either). She told me many times to just go, but I never felt right about it so I didn't. The date change last year worked to my advantage - so I was in. Hopefully I can make many more because I had an absolute blast.
I'm a tweener... technically I would have to answer no, but prior to what is now the official Experience PRS, there was a previous incarnation of the PRS forum, that had a couple of PRS 'events' at the factory. I attended the second one of those. There were factory tours, and then a huge 'reception' at a restaurant on the bay. Everyone brought guitars (unlike the Experience events). Every table and bar was covered with open guitar cases - it was amazing! PRS and the Dragons played later as headliner, one of the PRS employees bands opened. Paul set aside time at a table to sign autographs (guitars, back plates, you name it). There was an open jam the following night at a local club (we got ran out early because Maryland was in the NCAA tourney). It was a blast! I also got to visit Washington Music Center and Garrett Park Guitars. At the time (maybe someone can help me with the exact year?) Garrett Park had a huge collection of PRS guitars, early prototypes, Dragons, you name it. It was an amazing trip!

I've considered the Experience, and I know I would enjoy it. But I have to weigh the cost against other family obligations - so I haven't attended one yet.

Mike,
Cool you got to go to one of the early forum events! For years, I couldn't make it to Exp because it always landed on my fiance's b-day(lack of funds never helped either). She told me many times to just go, but I never felt right about it so I didn't. The date change last year worked to my advantage - so I was in. Hopefully I can make many more because I had an absolute blast.

It's not my sweetie's birthday, but I solved the problem of being away by taking her with me. She isn't a guitar fanatic, but she loves live music and there is SO much of that at the Experience. She's even a Sig Club member now...

It's not my sweetie's birthday, but I solved the problem of being away by taking her with me. She isn't a guitar fanatic, but she loves live music and there is SO much of that at the Experience. She's even a Sig Club member now...

My wife has zero desire to go. She has told me to go, but when I factor in airfare/hotel/car/food/drink cost, it's just difficult to justify.

My wife has zero desire to go. She has told me to go, but when I factor in airfare/hotel/car/food/drink cost, it's just difficult to justify.
Yeah, mine either. I've even tried to tie in a DC trip saying I wouldn't go all day, all 3 days...but she knows me better than that:D

it's a festival. if you like live music, good food, good drink, guitars, amplifiers, talking to the guys and girls who make your gear, or talking to people who have similar likes as you, it is absolutely worth the cost.

A day trip to DC is well worth it. There is so much to see and do there

A day trip to DC is just enough to wet your appetite. Which is good, because year after year, Experience after Experience, you can use a DC visit as an excuse.

A day trip to DC is well worth it. There is so much to see and do there
Indeed, we did a 4 hr quick run thru to a few spots last year, I'd love to spend some time there. She's been there before(a long time ago)though and doesn't like flying too much.

The first one I went to (I think it was 3 years ago) had Santana and Buddy Guy playing at the siggy event....That is a high bar.....

Back