Arcade Fire - Reflektor

László

Too Many Notes
I've really liked this band since my son introduced me to their last album, The Suburbs. But this new album, Reflektor, is a tour de force of creativity - just my opinion, of course.

Highly recommended.

Interesting and definitely has it's own thing going on. I've only listened to the first three tracks so far, but I dig it. Thanks for sharing. :)

Their influences are in all the right places... Is this Nu Wave?

If I can start loving Daft Punk this year, I totally have room in my heart for Arcade Fire, it's like a whole different band.

Last edited:
No clue, not my normal cup of tea. What I got out of it at first was Talking Heads meets Disco, but in a good way. :dontknow:

I think they have a lot of interesting influences, and have melded them really well. Basically, it's just good music.

David Bowie sang backup on the title track. I'm sure he's an influence, and as Bill says, also talking heads, and as Serg says, New Wave, but there's a lotta stuff going on. I'm even hearing a little Depeche Mode influence in the delivery of some of the ideas.

I still think 'Funeral' is their masterwork, but they have no bad music! They're incredible live too, tonnes of energy, but see them in the smallest venue possible!

Bruce Springstein jamming with A.F. on one of their best earlier songs "Keep the Car Running"

Last edited by a moderator:
Arcade Fire is one of several groups coming out of Montreal at about the same time that all have a very interesting sound. Some of the stories are a bit sideways (which I like) but they are always very entertaining.

Back