Anyone with a crystal ball out there?

Donna P

What are your speculations about the SE 24 roasted maple neck being offered again in 2022? In the US?

The older ones seem to be located mostly in Japan right now. Not excited about $200. in shipping charges.

What are your speculations about the SE 24 roasted maple neck being offered again in 2022? In the US?

The older ones seem to be located mostly in Japan right now. Not excited about $200. in shipping charges.
Honestly....I don't think they will. My suspicion as to why there are these unique SE models offered in non-domestic markets is over here the SE competes more directly with S2 and cores. It's gonna be a waiting game, but keep an eye on the used market here. I've seen used roasted maple models come around every so often.

thanks for your reply. There are a few popping up here & there. The colors aren't amazing but that maple neck really has my attention:) It's what I like best about Fenders.

thanks for your reply. There are a few popping up here & there. The colors aren't amazing but that maple neck really has my attention:) It's what I like best about Fenders.
I gotta admit, the roasted maple look is pretty cool. Don't have one myself, but I keep an eye out every now and then.

I think those guitars would’ve done far better had the necks been satin finished. That’s a lot of the appeal of roasted maple. I scratched my head when I saw they had a gloss finish. There are similar budget friendly guitars that are roasted and satin. If PRS went that route on a new run, I think they’d sell a pile of them.

I got a used Johnny Hiland about a year ago. It really scratched that 24 fret Maple board/neck itch.

A roasted maple neck (satin) will look nice on the new T-style model, complete with modern fixed bridge design!

A roasted maple neck (satin) will look nice on the new T-style model, complete with modern fixed bridge design!
Yeah, something like this…

cabronita.jpg

Back