Anyone ever put Fishman Moderns or Fishman Abasi's into their PRS?

Nealius4Realius

I may get roasted for even thinking of such a thing but I'm just curious. I have a PRS SE custom 24 arriving in September and it comes stock with the 85/15's I believe. Since ordering it last March, I also purchased a 7 string Schecter that came stock with Fishman Moderns. I gotta say I really love these active pickups a lot. It may sound funny, but I also just love the aesthetics of them as well. Just wondering if anyone else has swapped their pickups in their PRS for some Fishmans before. Thanks!

Hopefully you'll take this in the spirit in which it is intended...but before you start thinking about replacing the stock PRS pups, maybe get the guitar and live with it for a while. There are, believe it or not, a lot of us who are quite happy with the pickups PRS puts out.

Hopefully you'll take this in the spirit in which it is intended...but before you start thinking about replacing the stock PRS pups, maybe get the guitar and live with it for a while. There are, believe it or not, a lot of us who are quite happy with the pickups PRS puts out.
You're completely correct in saying that FragileThunder yes. I'll absolutely spend several weeks with the original pickups in there to give it plenty of chances to convince me to keep them in. I'm sure there is a reason those are coming stock in the guitar in the first place! :) It wouldn't be fair for me to just immediately disregard the 85/15's before truly putting them to test.

I for one do not like the import PUs. However the fishmans are not really my cup of tea. Played with them and am not really impressed. Not compared to good passive pick-ups

I for one do not like the import PUs. However the fishmans are not really my cup of tea. Played with them and am not really impressed. Not compared to good passive pick-ups
I completely respect that opinion for sure. I really like the Fishman Moderns in my 7 string Schecter but perhaps they wouldn't resonate as well in the PRS, hard to say.

Back