Anyone ever put 59/09's in an ME Quattro?

cyclops

Hi all!
I purchased a used ME Quattro about a year ago, and it came with Dirty South pickups in it. Great pickups but VERY, VERY hot! It makes the guitar sound like a REALLY fat tele, rather than a nice warm hum bucker guitar. I did purchase the 53/10s, just in case I wanted to sell the guitar or restore it to it's 'original' configuration. I'm really partial to 59/09s, though, as I have them in an IRW SCT, and that guitar sounds amazing. My custom 24 with 57/08s is a little too vintage-y for me, but I don't plan to change those out! A PS that I have coming in is going to have 59/09s as well.

I'm just curious if anyone has changed their MEQ to 59/09s, and if they like that better than the 53/10s...

Now on to find a set of covered 59/09s!!!!

I had a set of uncovered 59/09's put in my meq to suit my style of music (hard rock). They are really hot but I love them for heavy distortion but If I roll back on the volume a little they sound unreal for some dirty clean sounds. I'm getting the 53/10's put into a custom guitar build. I thought it would be a waste to have such great pick ups just lying around

Back