Anybody have an se Paul’s guitar yet?

horax

Anybody have the new se Paul’s guitar?
What are your thoughts?

I just received word that my order is delayed until May. :(

Amber. Was originally scheduled for end of March, but is now delayed.

+1 for Sweetwater. I used to only buy guitars that I've had a chance to play. Their amazing customer service together with PRS ridiculously high standards changed my perspective on buying guitars online despite my reluctance.

I usually buy from musician's friend....what's the main comparison between the two?

^ Musician's Friend is great, but Sweetwater is just on another level, IMO. With Sweetwater you get to see high def pictures of the actual guitar you're buying and know the weight before you get them. That's true even if you're buying a lower price point guitar. Their customer service is amazing and their guitar sales engineers are actually experienced guitarists who know what they're talking about. They're super approachable and will bend over backwards for you to be happy with your purchase. For instance, if you're picky about what the finish looks like and the weight on your guitar they will work with you until one comes in that fits what you're looking for. My S2 SC SH in whale blue was a bit darker than what they were used to getting. My sales engineer sent me pictures and pointed that out to me. I turned out that I really liked how the guitar looked, but I was happy that he pointed that out to me in a very informative way.

I’ve been to Sweetwater Gearfest a couple of times (fantastic experience), and made several trips up there just to hang out, sometimes with my sales engineer, Spencer Kennedy. It’s about a 2-1/2 hour trip, but well worth it. It is like a mall, with a food court and everything, very cool. :cool:

I’ve been to Sweetwater Gearfest a couple of times (fantastic experience), and made several trips up there just to hang out, sometimes with my sales engineer, Spencer Kennedy. It’s about a 2-1/2 hour trip, but well worth it. It is like a mall, with a food court and everything, very cool. :cool:
I’d love to go to that some time.

Oh yeah! Sweetwater is a terrific place, and during Gearfest it is terrific times ten! There are so many vendors there, all setup in huge tents in the parking lot, live demos of tons of gear, hourly giveaways (very nice gear). The last one I went to (2017), Eric Johnson ended the 3-day event with a Q&A and short performance. I have heard stories about PRSh being there many times (at Sweetwater at least, don't know about Gearfest), would love to bump into him sometime.

Oh yeah! Sweetwater is a terrific place, and during Gearfest it is terrific times ten! There are so many vendors there, all setup in huge tents in the parking lot, live demos of tons of gear, hourly giveaways (very nice gear). The last one I went to (2017), Eric Johnson ended the 3-day event with a Q&A and short performance. I have heard stories about PRSh being there many times (at Sweetwater at least, don't know about Gearfest), would love to bump into him sometime.
I almost forgot about Gearfest! My church's worship team is looking to do a trip to Gearfest this year. If everything gets approved, I'll be headed to Indiana this summer :D

Back