Another one spotted in the wild....

bodia

Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved
I've been seeing more, and more PRS on TV lately. This one was from Barmageddon (Blake Shelton's Game Show....in his bar).

GOOGcNn.jpg

Any one else feel like you're seeing more???

From the blurry pics I've seen, Billy Strings was rocking a PRS on stage for a sit in with Tool this week. I don't listen to Tool, but apparently they don't let their fans use cell phones at their shows?? As a result, this soundcheck pic is the best I could find.

tool-billy-strings-nashville-1200x632.jpg

From the blurry pics I've seen, Billy Strings was rocking a PRS on stage for a sit in with Tool this week. I don't listen to Tool, but apparently they don't let their fans use cell phones at their shows?? As a result, this soundcheck pic is the best I could find.

tool-billy-strings-nashville-1200x632.jpg
The Most Fitting Name For A Band Yet!
:)

Yes. The boomer generation (F&G players, lol) are a dying breed. They are steadfast and loyal to the past. Now guys like me that came up playing in the 80s are in our 50s/60s now and not all of us are stuck to the F&G. Some of us that came up as shredders found PRS to be "home" when we got too old to want pointy guitars anymore - at least that's my story and that of several others I know.

Dudes that came up playing in the 90s saw Linkin Park and Silverchair playing the guitars. Sum 41 too. Those players are comfortable with PRS. They aspire to have one.

Dudes younger than that are into all sorts of stuff, and until the last couple of years, PRS has had a variety of styles that speak to versatile players. Sadly, I feel PRS is too worried about chasing "vintage" anymore. Hopefully it doesn't impact the forward momentum of the company...

I am glad to be seeing more PRS guitars in the wild.

I'd love to see PRS go back to creating designs that are unique to them. How about a "hot rod" Vela? What about a 594 with CU24 style accoutrements (trem, thinner neck, modern hardware)? I know some of that is PS, but don't lose the younger players that want forward thinking instruments with classic looks and finishes! Shoot, add solid color metallics back to the S2 line!! Add them to the SE line, too...

At any rate it is great seeing the guitars more often!

David Bendeth (producer) suggested PRS to the guitar player in The Warning....that's all she basically plays. Core Customs
But I'm guessing most here have never heard of either.
Never heard of the producer, but I have heard of The Warning...3 sisters from Mexico.

Yep, caught The Warning at Welcome to Rockville last year, and they played great, and it was very cool to see the PRSs put to good use.

Never heard of the producer, but I have heard of The Warning...3 sisters from Mexico.

I am really digging The Warning. Quite a story behind this band, 3 sisters from Mexico that started at a very young age. They are super tight as a band, all 3 are great musicians. Great songwriting, hard rock / metal riffs and vocal harmonies. It is good to see someone from the younger generations so passionate about hard rock! I am excited for what they will give us in the future.

Well done by PRS to get Dany playing a Custom 24. It seems to suit her quite well.

I'd love to see PRS go back to creating designs that are unique to them. How about a "hot rod" Vela? What about a 594 with CU24 style accoutrements (trem, thinner neck, modern hardware)? I know some of that is PS, but don't lose the younger players that want forward thinking instruments with classic looks and finishes! Shoot, add solid color metallics back to the S2 line!! Add them to the SE line, too...
So basically Vernon Reid and Tremonti signature guitars? :p

True this ! I was going post some "in the wild" refs and there are too many. Dani in The Warning is a def "in the wild" thing to gander at. She, and they, are amazing! If one sister forgets the lyrics, one of the others takes over! Stellar stage presence!

Last edited:
Back