Another fake but shop claims it is authentic...lol.

This seller is super sketchy, claims to be a store in Hollywood, but all the links for the store are off the German eBay site, and look to be kinda broken.

If you google Zak's pawnshop (if even is Zak's) it's a real place and that's weird about the links

The knob placement on this red "PS" is interesting. This looks like an older PRS SC-J design:
s156mk9ttiuik3ijivuk.jpg

ptqp1taetkrvgj3l6rki.jpg

The SC-J also appears to spec Grover vintage jazz tuners.

v7brmyxa4pys5kt3xsb1.jpg

The newer JA-15s I've seen have knobs at an angle and Phase III tuners per PRS current trends.

prs-ja15-02__large.jpg

singlecutarchtop.jpg

It's possible that red guitar is legit, never mind the mysteriously duplicitous serial number. Although, if it came to it, that ambi-Santana sawed-off hunk of sh!t would lose to the red option 100%.

wow sold for $2650, Zak made off good on that one. Now someone is getting a fake guitar for christmas...and if Zak can close the account and run...before then..they get away with it. I'm sure ebay could care less since they got a nice cash day from it as well. Poor buyer. I've been stiffed for $20 on ebay..but this is another level.

wow sold for $2650, Zak made off good on that one. Now someone is getting a fake guitar for christmas...and if Zak can close the account and run...before then..they get away with it. I'm sure ebay could care less since they got a nice cash day from it as well. Poor buyer. I've been stiffed for $20 on ebay..but this is another level.

Oh man, that’s terrible news.

The bad thing is the buyer also thinks it’s real. I remember, during my police career, recovering a $4000 Gibson Les Paul that was stolen. When I opened the case, it was clearly a Chibson. The owner angrily refused to believe me when I told him it was fake. I mean refused. I suggested he take it to any music store to confirm, but he wasn’t having it. So we gave him back his Chibson and sent him on his way. The real theft went unreported in that case!

People always want to believe they are the one that found that one ‘59 Burst for $750.00, and as long as those folks exist, there will be fakes. One born every minute...

The bad thing is the buyer also thinks it’s real. I remember, during my police career, recovering a $4000 Gibson Les Paul that was stolen. When I opened the case, it was clearly a Chibson. The owner angrily refused to believe me when I told him it was fake. I mean refused. I suggested he take it to any music store to confirm, but he wasn’t having it. So we gave him back his Chibson and sent him on his way. The real theft went unreported in that case!

People always want to believe they are the one that found that one ‘59 Burst for $750.00, and as long as those folks exist, there will be fakes. One born every minute...

As my son said to me the other day, “It’s easier to scam people than to convince them that they’ve been scammed.”

I’ve only been involved with PRS guitars for about a year. Help me understand PRS history. I’ve only ever seen their pointed shape headstocks. Did they have different shaped headstocks in the past like the guitars above or is that what makes them obvious fakes?

I’ve only been involved with PRS guitars for about a year. Help me understand PRS history. I’ve only ever seen their pointed shape headstocks. Did they have different shaped headstocks in the past like the guitars above or is that what makes them obvious fakes?
Check out the Santana series/style guitar headstock...
Santana Retro - 2020 (prsguitars.com)

Back