Andertons at PRS Factory

So, which tonewax does everyone prefer for their potted pickups?

Personally, I feel that cherry blossom beeswax gives a sweeter, more full bodied sound, whereas paraffin is good for a tight low-end for heavier distortion sounds, and can really tame the hollow-body wollyness you might get with clover beeswax.

I'm watching it in stages. All I can say is WOW! The place looks gigantic compared to the last time I was there!

Peruvian ear wax is what the audiophiles recommend
People who really know their stuff know that you specifically want Peruvian RIGHT ear wax. It’s a little more spendy than the Peruvian left ear wax but you get more open, clearer highs, and there’s just something magical going on in the mids that really elevates the tone.

I love it! It's like Lee has no idea how a guitar is made and it's all new to himo_O

For us Andertons videos officianados, we know he’s playing up for the camera, but for the next generation of guitar players it’s all new.

I think it’s great that a UK and US company are working together like this, for self promotion.

Robot spraying booth!

Production is most definitely up, I’ve never seen so many staff/workstations in a vid before. Good news for PRS.

I see @sergiodeblanc has ordered his leopard print guitar at 1:43:00-ish.

Last edited:
Hey guys - so yes Pete was amazing and that guitar is incredible.. for the people who could afford one - if it was to do anything like the BLK1 john cruz guitars they are going for 36,000 USD now! which is crazy - they too were around 10k to start but thats a serious increase... i also saw the super eagle I PRS JM sell for 15k to 17k - if anyone gets one of these they could be worth serious money in not so long... how do guitars do that lol9apps

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this and it came up in my YT feed so I watched yesterday while working and kept having to rewind as the work distraction would make me miss sections.

I'm off until next year and will have some time to watch it. One thing I noticed is when Cap would chime in with a knowledgeable comment\question whomever was working the station would shoot squint eyes for a sec, and then affirm he was correct. The comments still left plenty of room for explanation though.

I really wanted to see the SE QC station as that's been my main purchases lately.

In closing, thanks for sharing this!!

The approach to give all the involved workers at different stages of production a voice is nice.
The most complex thing is being concious of what is planned for each instrument.
But it's comparable to car manufacturing.

Back